Wednesday 15 February 2012

Day 45: The Woman In Black

I absolutely adore going to the cinema, and I realised last night that the Imp had nursery this afternoon, I had no appointments, so there was plenty of time to go see a film if I dropped her off quickly. Even though last year in English I had absolutely no interest in the book and couldn't get past page 42, I've been desperate to watch The Woman in Black since I heard it announced a year ago that they were doing the film. 

On the way there, I stopped at a new sweet shop on the High Street, and found that they had imported American sweets, so I decided to get some Milk Duds, which are a cinema must-have where I come from, and a 3 Musketeers, which I've really been fancying. 

The film was amazing, but the sweets didn't even get touched. I knew it was a horror film, but even though I don't normally go to them because I'm such a jumpy person, I absolutely had to see this film. I couldn't eat, because I think my stomach spent most of the time on the ceiling. The teenage girl next to me spent over half the film curled up in a ball, hiding her face behind her knees.  The film was awesome. It wasn't that I was actually scared, but it was just the anticipation of jumping through the entire film. I walked out, physically trembling. The sky had clouded over, so it was like the atmosphere had carried on from being in the film. 

I'm thinking that the next time I'm inspired enough to be desperate to go see a horror film, I either need somebody to remind me why I don't normally go, or somebody to go with me. But I definitely give high marks to it.
The Woman In Black

No comments:

Post a Comment