Sunday 12 February 2012

Day 42: Scones

I've had definite success this weekend with my gluten free cooking. Yesterday, I successfully made gluten free dumplings to go in my homemade chicken and vegetable soup. I've tried them in the past, and they've just ended up like doughy lumps, but my attempt yesterday ended up perfect. The same goes for my attempts at scones today. I've tried to make gluten free scones in the past, but they were really thin and as dense as hockey pucks. As you can see from the photo of cheese scones, today's successful attempts are almost as thick as hockey pucks and have the proper consistency of normal scones, and they taste amazing. I realised, when making both recipes, that I was trying too hard. They didn't need the extra liquid that gluten free flour normally calls for, and I need to be a little lighter of touch and not overwork them.
Scones

No comments:

Post a Comment